We are looking for a driven and talented digital designer to join our interdisciplinary team. You will be in charge of the core product design features that are driven by our community focused user base.
Interesting facts about the product & client:
- You’ll be working on a brand new scale-up product that raised over $50 million in funding.
- The startup helps companies and teams build better communities by creating powerful tools such as analytics, automation, Community Network Manager, and much more.
- The team has already set the principles of a product design. Along with your fellow designer, you will be the main driver of designing user focused features of the core system.
What will make you great at this job:
- Knowledge needed to design clear, elegant and engaging interfaces
- The ability to build prototypes and perform a usability study
- Knowledge of UX best practices; ability to produce wireframes, user journeys and personas
- Great collaboration skills to work with product managers, engineers and other designers
- A data driven mindset; knowledge of how to set up design goals and analyze existing data
- The ability and motivation to keep up with trends and best practices in web and mobile design
- A drive to promote and evangelize exceptional design across the company and outside the company
- The ability to pitch, educate and define your design decisions to stakeholders
- The ability to give articulated and constructive feedback to team members
- An ego-less mindset; the ability to receive and translate feedback and iterate on designs with the client or team members
- 3 years of bringing digital products to life, ideally in an agency or consulting environment (3+ years is ideal, but we are open to discuss the opportunity with driven, but less experienced designers, so write to us anyway!)
- Portfolio demonstrating your skills
However, you absolutely must have:
- Advanced knowledge of Figma when building and using design systems
- Clear written and verbal communication in English (Sorry Yoda, no way around this one!)
Why you'll enjoy working at d.labs
- We collaborate on interesting international projects, trying to make a real difference
- We are a remote-first organization, with coworkers from different locations in the CET time zone, mostly in Slovenia
- Our development center in Ljubljana and a coworking office in Maribor will be available to you at all times, making it your choice to work from home or from the office
- We work flexible working hours and have a relaxed working environment
- Instead of the traditional top-down hierarchy, we use squads, tribes, and chapters to run our business (adapted from the Spotify model)
- Our teams are fully-functioning squads and include developers, product managers, QA engineers, product designers and when needed also DevOps engineers, ensuring a collaborative and creative environment
- We are proud of our team work and enjoy working with one another
- Our senior experts and managers will be your mentors and allies in helping you achieve your goals
- We offer fair pay, a transparent career and promotion plan
- We have regular monthly 1on1 meetings with our managers
- Our strong HR team is focused on our wellbeing, connectedness & development
- We focus on internal learning in the form of mentorships, workshops, talks and a process we call Chapters
- We have a strong budget for learning courses & conferences
- We love our events like multiple team buildings per year, the New Year’s party, parties for welcoming newbies etc., both in person or, if this isn’t possible, online
- Our offices are designed for a good working experience in a relaxed and fun environment (video games, table football, bean bags, couches etc.)
- We offer activities for caring for our health (gym membership)
Then click on this link and apply! Please don't forget to attach your portfolio in the application - we would love to see some examples of your work.
After the first screening, we love to meet face to face, usually via a video call, so we can learn more about each other. If we see there is a mutual interest, we will ask you to spend some more time with us, either by coming to our offices for a full day or going through our online assessment. Our goal is both to get to know your skills better and showcase our culture and way of work to you.