We are in search of a motivated and talented individual to join our team and start solving all sorts of problems on interesting international projects.
As a Señor Software Engineer, you will be working on architecture design, making technical decisions, selecting tools & libraries the team will use on the new projects, supporting the full-cycle product development in both, the front and back-end side, and much more.
On a personal note, we’re looking for a problem solver with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude, who is fluent in English, thrives in a team environment, and is always eager to learn something new. A person that likes to inspire, teach and share knowledge with others.
PS: If you don’t tick every box but you are excited about joining us OR your imposter syndrome decides to kick in in the midst of reading this description ... we encourage you to apply as you will be onboarded properly and we look forward to growing together anyway!
- Determining project requirements and scope of work for the team
- Take ownership of architecture, design, and technology decisions on various projects
- Follow agile and lean principles or arguments and challenge them
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Guiding team through technical issues and challenges
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to the standard
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Motivating colleagues and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders
- Supporting sales with client-candidate meetings, recommending relevant approaches and solutions to clients’ needs.
- Active involvement in the hiring process, and supporting VP department leads with people development
- Hands-on experience with AWS services (for instance IAM, VPC, Lambda, S3, RDS, SQS) and architecture best practices
- Experience with distributed and/or serverless architecture
- Experience with established architectural patterns
- Experience writing technical documentation (Design documents, RFC, ADR, …)
Other important experience and skills
- Understanding of business needs when choosing technological solutions, ability to mitigate technical limitations
- Great technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in startup environments, and products
- Conflict-resolution skills accompanied by the ability to keep an open mind
- Good collaborations skills with key stakeholders, the tribe leadership team, and management
- Feedback-giving and receiving skills
- Negotiation skills and managing escalations
- Strong and confident English communication (written, verbal, presentation) - sorry Yoda, no way around this one!
- Learner with a growth mindset
- Affinity for teaching and mentoring others
- Ability of candidate selection and skills assessment
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities in a remote or remote-first environment
- Willingness to build professional relationships with the team and clients
Why you'll enjoy working at d.labs
- We collaborate on interesting international projects, trying to make a real difference
- We are a remote-first organization, with coworkers from 10 different locations in the CET time zone
- If you are from Slovenia then our development center in Ljubljana and a coworking office in Maribor will be available to you at all times, making it your choice to work from home or from the office
- We work flexible working hours and have a relaxed working environment
- Instead of the traditional top-down hierarchy, we use squads, tribes, and chapters to run our business (adapted from the Spotify model)
- Our teams are cross-functional squads, focused on one project at a time, and include developers, product managers, QA engineers, and when needed also DevOps engineers and product designers, ensuring a collaborative and creative environment
- We are proud of our teamwork and enjoy working with one another
- Our senior experts and managers will be your mentors and allies in helping you achieve your goals
- We offer fair pay, a transparent career and promotion plan
- We have regular monthly 1 on 1 meetings with our managers
- Our strong HR team is focused on our well-being, connectedness & development
- We focus on internal learning in the form of mentorships, workshops, talks, and a process we call Competencies
- We have a strong budget for learning courses & conferences
- We love our events like multiple team buildings per year, the New Year’s party, parties for welcoming newbies, etc., both in person or, if this isn’t possible, online
- Our offices are designed for a good working experience in a relaxed and fun environment (video games, table football, bean bags, couches, etc.)
Then click on this link and apply!
After the first screening, we love to meet face to face, usually via a video call, so we can learn more about each other. If we see there is a mutual interest, we will ask you to spend some more time with us, either by coming to our offices for a full day or going through our online assessment. Our goal is both to get to know your skills better and showcase our culture and way of work to you.